[mythtv-users] DVB Channel setup

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Apr 27 00:09:07 UTC 2005

> If I go into Advance --> DVB Transport Editor, I get all the Transport
> freqs but I don't know which channel they are for and don't know how
> to set it manual. Even if I set it up manual, will Zap2it still push
> old channel number in?

This is the problem I was referring to on the -dev list.  To fix this,
move the xmltvid from 7_1 over to 71, then delete 7_1 from channels, and
 then either run mythfilldatabase again or change all programs for 7_1
to 71's chanid.  You can then rename 71 to 7_1 if you like that
nomenclature better.

I don't know if there is an easy way to automate this, because it
appears a human is needed to easily correlate the two data sets.  Anyone
disagree?

Cheers,
Kyle