[mythtv-users] VGA to Component adaptors

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Apr 26 21:53:35 UTC 2005

> There is a thread on nvnews about the component out in Linux, but no real
> conclusions yay or nay. Someone here (Cory?) built his own, but I never did
> get all the details. Seemed pretty simple from what I remember.
>
> Tom

 	*Zzzzzzz*... *snerk*... me?  Oh, yeah... I did that.  Using it
happily for about 16 months now.  "Simple" is fairly true as far as the
hardware goes (a surface-mount chip, a few resistors, crystal, and
connectors).  The harder part was finding a video card that did
interlacing at 480i frequencies.  I'm currently using a GF4-MX440.

-Cory