[mythtv-users] New Mythtv Xbox site - www.mythtv-xbox.org

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Tue Apr 26 20:54:07 UTC 2005

greg at nodecam.com wrote:
>>Why are people wanting to reinvent the wheel?  Plus the xbmcmythtv
>>script has a sourceforge site, where you can submit problems.  Why
>

> It's not so much a reinvention of the wheel as it is a refinement of it.
> The single thread on the xbmc python dev forums makes it really difficult
> to find solutions to problems, and in my reading, it results in a lot of
> FAQ's being answered with "check back a couple of pages, the solution is
> there"
>
> I have no problem with the dev liking the way he's been doing things, but
> I can certainly see where a more focused forum has a niche.  Users helping
> users isn't a bad thing, is it?

Never said it was.  In fact, I gave the link to the official forums for
the xbmcmythtv python script for support, as well as mentioned that it
has a sourceforge site.  Those places arent enough to help users?
Fragmentation is needed?  Dont go to the people who work on the script
and you know can get help with it, no you want people to go to a 3rd
part where no one has the knowledge (or at least proven they have the
knowledge) to support a script they didnt write?  How is that a
refinement?  How is that users helping users?  Its more confusing to
have multiple sources of info, especially when the author of the script
isnt involved.

> I live in a free country, and I imagine most of you do too.  Nobody is
> forcing anyone to use the mythtv-xbox.org forums for anything, and if they
> don't fill a need, they'll disappear.  The fact that several people
> requested an xbmcmythtv forum on mythtv-xbox.org indicates to me that
> there's a need out there that isn't being met.

Really?  A need that cant be met by the sourceforge site AND 2 seperate
python script forums, one for devs and one for support?

> Of course none of them have posted anything there yet ;)
>
> Greg

Tom