[mythtv-users] PVR-250 - Approximately 2GB/Hr.?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:29:33 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I'm just learning about MythTV at this point. It's setup and
working nicely but using up disk space rather quickly. Is 2GB/Hr. more
or less typical for recording TV programs or are the optimizations I
need to study next to save space?

   It seemed to me that when I recorded from /dev/vl4/video0 directly
I thought I was using more like 200MB or 400MB/hr. but maybe I'm
mistaken.

   Anyway, thanks in advance for replying with a few numbers for
comparison and (assuming I'm on the high end) some ideas about what I
should study to get the disk usage down.

   Thanks very much for a great program!

- Mark