[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth R5A18

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:22:49 UTC 2005

On 4/26/05, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:

> I'm new to both Linux and MythTV.  I tried to use R5A12 to install on an
> AMD Athlon 750 mhz machine built on an ASUS K7V-T motherboard.  The CD
> started to boot but then locked in a "cloop" something or other when
> trying to access the CD-ROM.  As I recall, right after the colored
> KNOPPIX and then something about /dev/sa0.  The same CD booted fine on a
> Gateway laptop I had.

CLOOP errors are usually errors with the media or burn process.  i had
this happen a couple times.  either try reinstalling or download a new
image and burn it to disk at a slower speed.  i was able to use the
same cd but had to restart the install a couple times.
KnoppMyth rocks as a Myth distro :)  you really shouldn't have any
problems setting it up if you have good media and you follow one of
the install docs.