[mythtv-users] New Mythtv Xbox site - www.mythtv-xbox.org

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Tue Apr 26 18:33:10 UTC 2005

> Why are people wanting to reinvent the wheel?  Plus the xbmcmythtv
> script has a sourceforge site, where you can submit problems.  Why

It's not so much a reinvention of the wheel as it is a refinement of it.
The single thread on the xbmc python dev forums makes it really difficult
to find solutions to problems, and in my reading, it results in a lot of
FAQ's being answered with "check back a couple of pages, the solution is
there"

I have no problem with the dev liking the way he's been doing things, but
I can certainly see where a more focused forum has a niche.  Users helping
users isn't a bad thing, is it?

I live in a free country, and I imagine most of you do too.  Nobody is
forcing anyone to use the mythtv-xbox.org forums for anything, and if they
don't fill a need, they'll disappear.  The fact that several people
requested an xbmcmythtv forum on mythtv-xbox.org indicates to me that
there's a need out there that isn't being met.

Of course none of them have posted anything there yet ;)

Greg