[mythtv-users] Streaming issues with 0.17

Jonathan Hart jonhart at imapmail.org
Tue Apr 26 11:12:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

My config: Backend: P4 2.4ghz; Ubuntu Hoary, Myth .17; Frontend: iBook
1.33ghz, X.3.9.

Streaming via WRT54G v2.2 11g router with HyperWRT firmware 2.1b.

Has anyone had issues streaming to remote frontends like this?

It happened with my old 3com wifi router as well, but now it's more
prominant. I get occasional freezes with streaming recorded shows; after
a few seconds of it suddenly "locking up" , myth will drop back to the
media library as if I had quit the video.  It used to recover from the
lock up with the old 3com...now just freezes. It won't freeze always in
the exact same place in the video. I'm not sure if it is brought on by
errors in the DVB stream or lack of wireless strength ((currently
average, around 50% from MacStumbler), or both.

Are these problems inevitable with slightly currupted streams + poor
wifi, and do I just have to try and improve booth these things and stop
whining ;) or are there other issues I need to be aware of?

Cheers, Jon
--
  Jonathan Hart
  jonhart at imapmail.org