[mythtv-users] UK Problem recording Fifth Gear

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Tue Apr 26 09:39:16 UTC 2005

Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm running CVS from 24/04/05.  I'm recording in TS mode with HW decoding.
>
> I've got the Xtraview (v2) patch installed, which I suspect might be
> causing the problem.
>
> Any thoughts?

It's also possible that you are seeing signal dropouts. Five is on a
seperate MUX (channel) from all of the other commonly used video
services. You could try recording QVC and see if you have the same
issues, but that's a diagnostic I'd rather not do ;)

Try another antenna, try looking at the signal level (with femon from
the DVB-Apps stuff)

Cheers,

Allan.