[mythtv-users] nuv2avi: lame.h missing ?

Niels Dybdahl niels.dybdahl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:05:17 UTC 2005

> >I have tried compiling nuv2avi on my FC1 box.
> >It failed with an error message like:
> >mp3lameaudio.c:27:23: lame/lame.h: No such file or directory
>
> You need the lame mp3 package.  Can be found at: lame.sourceforge.net/
> Or you might be able to get the package from ATrpms.

Thanks for the information. I did already have the lame package
installed, so ATrpms could not help me. In addition ATrpms does not
have nuv2avi.

I have fetched the source for lame (3.96.1) from sourceforge but the
file lame.h is in a folder named "include" and not in a folder named
"lame" as the mp3lameaudio.c file expects it to be.
Does this mean that I have to rearrange each single header file to
make nuv2avi compile ?
Or am I missing something ? (wrong version of lame or something). BTW
I am trying to compile V0.0.2 of nuv2avi.
Are there any Linuxstandards for where all these libraries should be
placed to compile correctly ?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl