[mythtv-users] Recordings spontaneously slow down

David Kyle 4of11 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 04:44:00 UTC 2005

I've been having a problem for a while (but only since switching to
.17), where occasionally, partway through recording something, it will
suddenly slow down -- the  video slows to about 70% normal speed, and
the audio drops in pitch accordingly.  It doesn't happen all the time,
and I cannot reproduce it, nor do I have any idea as to what causes it.
I know that the problem is during recording, because if I export the
.nuv to another format, the problem remains.  Has anybody else had this
problem?  I was hoping that it would resolve itself in .18, but it hasn't.

I realize that it would probably be extremely difficult to fix the error
(especially since it doesn't seem to be a common problem, and I can't
reproduce it), but maybe I can work around it be modifying the time
stretch function to not compensate the audio for pitch when it speeds it
up.  I tried looking at the source, but it's a lot to look through.
Perhaps someone could give me an idea as to what I should do?  Perhaps
the location of the function call that actually adjusts the audio?  Or
is it not that simple?

Thanks for any help