[mythtv-users] Optimizing MythTV for AMD64

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:19:05 UTC 2005

Dustin,
   Glad that Jonathan's hint helped you also. In the last hour I have
managed to:

1) Record Seinfeld
2) Setup recording of West Wing from a remote frontend machine
3) Watch Seinfeld from the backend machine
4) Watch Seinfeld from a remote frontend machine across my wireless
network (starts and stop. Bandwidth?) while West Wing is being
recorded
5) Watch West Wing in progress

I'm stoked. If the machine continues to work after a reboot I'll
really be happy. I've had a couple of problems with Gentoo scripts not
starting or stopping processes correctly over the last few days. Like
you I got frustrated and rebuilt MythTV and mysql today.

Take care,
Mark