[mythtv-users] XvMC Nvidia and channel change

Rich Goodin rich at goodin.com
Mon Apr 25 22:17:07 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm new to the code and am trying to look at an issue where myth hangs
during a channel change probably 8 out of ten times. On the times that
it doesn't hang the screen appears scrambled for a few frames. In a
previous project I was involved with we had similar symptoms when we
were not waiting for an I-frame during a stream change. Does myth wait
for an I-frame when changing channels before resuming decoding? Could
someone give me a pointer to the channel change code for XvMC so I
could track this down further.

Thanx and really nice work,
Rich Goodin