[mythtv-users] MythWeb

Jim Turpin mythtv at jimturpin.com
Mon Apr 25 19:06:56 UTC 2005

  _____

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jim Turpin
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 1:02 PM
To: 'Discussion about mythtv'
Subject: [mythtv-users] MythWeb

I see some errors floating about but none of them seem related to the
problem I'm having. When I open up myth web I get the following error:

  _____

User Notice at /var/www/html/includes/mythbackend.php, line 156:
Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=14, backend=15)

  _____

  _____

Fatal Error at /var/www/html/includes/mythbackend.php, line 32:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

The system administrator has been notified and the problem will be remedied
shortly.

  _____

I'm running on a FC3 box that I recently update to .18 via ATrpms. I did the
initial install via Jerods site.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Turpin

I guess I should have added the following..I know that the backend is
running.

[root at htpc ~]# ps ax | grep myth

4525 ?        S      0:00 kio_file [kdeinit] kio_file file
/tmp/ksocket-mythtv/klauncherrqhBVa.slave-socket
/tmp/ksocket-mythtv/kdesktop93fv7a.slave-socket

 4573 pts/2    Sl+    5:06 mythfrontend

 5599 ?        Ssl    0:02 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid

And in case it helps I'm running the following RPMs (all the current from
ATrpms for myth-suite)

[root at htpc ~]# rpm -qa | grep myth

mythvideo-0.18-104.rhfc3.at

mythtv-theme-MediaCenter-0.17-4.at

mythgallery-0.18-104.rhfc3.at

mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy-0.20031214-3.at

mythweb-0.18-65.at

mythtv-themes-0.18-108.rhfc3.at

mythdvd-0.18-104.rhfc3.at

mythnews-0.18-104.rhfc3.at