[mythtv-users] LIRC not auto-starting in FC2

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:39:38 UTC 2005

On 4/25/05, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my FC2-based mythbox to kernel 2.6.10-1.770 and along with
> it came a bunch of newer version of stuff (and new problems...). The
> last issue to resolve since fixing my nvidia and eth0 issues is lircd.
>
> When I reboot, the remote no longer works in MythTV.
>
> If I exit mythtv and do the following:
> depmod -a
> modprobe lirc_i2c
> service lircd stop
> service lircd start
> mythfrontend
>
> The remote starts working. What has changed in the newer
> kernel/drivers to stop lirc from auto-starting?
>
> I recall something like this in a thread before and can't find
> anything FC2 related. There's some lirc/ivtv related patch for FC3 but
> that does not apply to me. I am on the latest .18 apt releases of
> myth.
>
> Help would be gratefully appreciated

Robin,

If you are using the remote control attached to a PVR card, it may be
that you are trying to load and start LIRC before the ivtv drivers are
loaded. I think I remember having the same problems (apart from having
the create a symlink between the lirc device and the device myth
wants) and solved it by doing most of the loading of the important
drivers and services in my rc.local file. I use this order:

modprobe ivtv drivers
modprobe dvb drivers
modprobe lirc_i2c driver
start lirc daemon