[mythtv-users] CPU usage 100% in mythtv .18

Ola Nilsson ola.nilsson.home at telia.com
Mon Apr 25 04:29:03 UTC 2005

"Brian Wallen" <brian_wallen at hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm using mythtv .18 in gentoo on an epia 10000 motherboard. When I
> was using .17, the cpu usage was around 60% when watching live tv (I
> haven't gotten hardware acceleration to work yet).  But now no matter
> what it's always at 100% and the picture is usually jumpy.  I saw a
> thread that said to enable mmx and use --enable-proc-opt in the
> ebuild.  I tried that, but no luck.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you see my post in that thread? I had problem with commercial
flagging when I updated. Try to use the top command to find out what
process is eating your CPU cyckles (open a terminal, write "top" and
watch the lines at the top of the listing, q exists).

Post the name of the process, if it's mythcommflag, it's the same
problem as I had.

--
/Ola Nilsson