[mythtv-users] Removing Unwanted Channels

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 01:23:18 UTC 2005

When I first set up my zap2It channel list, I put in several channels that I
have since removed. Problem is, these unwanted channels are still populated
in my mythtv database, so they clutter up the EPG and the mythweb listings.

Is there an elegant way of purging these unwanted channels? I assume the
channels could be deleted form the mysql database, but I thought I'd ask if
there is a better way before I go messing with the database. Using the
following query, I think I have identified the rows I want to delete. Not
sure if there are any referential constraints to complicate the delete of
rows from channel. Thoughts?

mysql> select chanid,callsign from channel;
| chanid | callsign |
| 1004 | WRC |
| 1005 | WTTG |
| 1006 | WPXW |