[mythtv-users] Myth Firewire Capture on Gentoo

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Sun Apr 24 18:22:36 UTC 2005

Devan Lippman wrote:
> I'm not a gentoo guy (I run from source) but simply installing the
> firewire drivers allowed configure to detect the required libraries
> and then enable firewire in myth.  I think the ones needed were
> libavc1394-0.5.0, libraw1394-1.2.0, libiec61883, and of course the
> linux kernel drivers for 1394.

IIRC from when I initially installed my backend (0.17,) libiec61883 was
the stumbling block.  The compilation failed when I had ieee1394 in my
use flags.  I took it out of my default use flags, since I didn't really
need it there.

Subsequently that flag was removed from the ebuild.  I see that it's
back in the 0.18 ebuild though, so maybe there's an ebuild for
libiec61883 and I just don't see it.

As always, ymmv :)

Greg