[mythtv-users] HELP: audio has gone

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 16:06:24 UTC 2005

> > The only thing I can see in the backend logfile that might be relevant is
> >
> >  NVR: Error, unknown audio codec
>
> Normally, this message only shows up when the recording profile
> settings are not correct. First make sure your database doesn't
> have errors "mysqlcheck -r -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg" then
> go to TV Settings->Recording Profiles and check the audio settings
> for each of the profiles.

These are all set to the default (mp3, 32000 sample rate, quality 7,
vol 90%). I think this was a red herring anyway. Someone else
suggested removing the module config that fedora generates
automatically and running alsaconf. This seems to have solved it. I
know have a known good mixer state saved by alsactl, and no longer
update this whenever the module is unloaded (I think this was were my
problem began).

Regards,

Chris