[mythtv-users] Any UK users of Myth with LCDProc?

gary dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 12:52:38 UTC 2005

Robin Elvin wrote:

>I bought one of the HD44780 clones from Maplin for £9.99 - works a treat
>although you have to make the parallel lead up yourself but that's really
>easy.
>
>http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36389&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=3&doy=22m4
>
>--
>Rob
>
>On Friday 22 April 2005 10:13, Julian Edwards wrote:
>

>>Neil Milne wrote:
>>

>>>I've got one like this:
>>>http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=420&osCsid=387a199dfb459b0e
>>>c503827a94f6b2fc
>>>
>>>Can't actually remember where I got it from - may have been them or
>>>possibly QuietPC who do them as well I think.
>>>

>>Cool, looks ok.  The Linitx site is out of stock at the moment and
>>Quietpc's UK site seems to be down, but I'll check back later.
>>
>>Did you build a 5 1/4" drive bay bracket for it too, or is it
>>professionally hanging off the front of the PC case?  :)
>>

>>>Works ok - the version of LCDproc is pretty important, and there is a
>>>patch floating around to fix the issues with the char set which this
>>>lcd has.
>>>

>>Yup, I've seen that on the dev list, cheers.
>>

>>>My version of lcdproc is too new so the screen is a bit garbled
>>>sometimes but if you pick the right version it appears to work ok.
>>>Hopefully the lcdproc support will improve - or it might be something
>>>I  could look at (despite not knowing c++) if I have some spare time
>>>
>>>:-)
>>>

>>I am a C++ coder of 8 years now.  When I've finished changing jobs and
>>moving house in a few months, there's quite a lot of stuff I want to do
>>to Myth :)

I assume from looking at the maplin site that you're probably running a 16x2. What information is pushed to the display from Myth.

I used to have a 16x2 hooked up to a PC running cajun long before myth, and would be keen to have one again, but have never managed to find what is actually displayed.

Thanks

Gary