[mythtv-users] Re: Playback of Transcoded (MPEG4) file on Epia ME6000

Ivor Hewitt ivor.hewitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 07:02:29 UTC 2005

Cheers, pretty interesting.... although it does show that -O2 is best
on an Nemehia, and theres not much between -O2, -O3 and -Os on an
Ezra. Although the inclusion of "kernel size" as a benchmark is
clearly going to favour the -Os! :)

I think its still worth benchmarking a multimedia app, like myth or
mplayer, for a real world conclusion.

However, in summary, you're not going to go far wrong by simply
choosing "-march=i586 -O2" for any EPIA.

Regards,