[mythtv-users] Re: Upgrading to mythtv-suite 0.18 fails

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 02:07:05 UTC 2005

> Is this a deja vu, or did I already ask you to test with
>
> apt-cache policy mythtv
>
> If 0.18 doesn't show up then apt-get update is failing. If it does,
> then your /etc/apt/priorities is messed up.

Errrm - must be deja-vu. This is the 1st time I've tried to update to
0.18. I ran apt-cache and this is what it said:

[elm|~]# apt-cache policy mythtv
mythtv:
  Installed: 0.17-95.rhfc2.at
  Candidate: 0.18-107.rhfc2.at
  Version Table:
     0.18-107.rhfc2.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
     0.17-97.2.rhfc2.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
     0.17-97.1.rhfc2.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
 *** 0.17-95.rhfc2.at 0
        100 RPM Database

0.18's in there so my priorities must be screwed (you did tell me
about this once ages ago). I don't actually have a priorities file.
I've got a rpmpriorities - is that the same thing? What should my
priorities file look like if I create it?

Regards,
Phill