[mythtv-users] Decent, Inexpensive Video Card? (Yes, I did search)

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 23 16:56:58 UTC 2005

> If one were to get the 5200FX or other Nvidia card, and couple
> it with a PVR-350, could you use the PVR for the signal decoding
> and then output via the 5200FX?  I'm assuming if this is possible
> then a lot of us could solve our DVD problems by setting output
> for DVD to the 5200.

There is no easy way of getting a decoded stream out of the 350 but I am
getting really close with YUV support for the 350 which means I can add Xv
support to the 350's x driver. Since there are multiple YUV buffers we
should be able to get smooth playback of dvd's fairly easily at that point
and I suspect the audio sync problems should be easy to solve or vanish as
well.
	All I need is some time now to get something that should work.

John