[mythtv-users] HELP: audio has gone

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:37:50 UTC 2005

I'm having problems with mythtv sound on a Terratec Cinergy card. The
audio out from the card is connected to the line in on my sblive.

I've looked at the troubleshooting guide. xawtv is fine, so I know the
sblive card is working. If I mute the line input and set it to capture
and run aplay /dev/dsp then I get delayed sound, as expected.

What is really strange is that if I run xawtv with line in muted, and
also run mythfrontend in live tv mode, after a short delay I get sound
again. And I can pause live tv and when I unpause it the sound picks
up where it should. so myth is getting the audio as it should.

The only thing I can see in the backend logfile that might be relevant is

 NVR: Error, unknown audio codec

This was all working a couple of days ago - In the meantime tv_grab_nl
has stopped working and I've been trying to get an alternative to
work, so things have been changed, though nothing obviously relevant.

Can anyone give me pointers where to look. This is with myth 0.17.

Thanks,

Chris