[mythtv-users] Can dvb cards "share" program guide with regularanalog cards?

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 19:05:40 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

> I have an analog (pvr-250) and a digital (nexus-ca) card that
> i am trying to configure to use "the same tv guide".

No problem, I have a PVR-350 and Nova-T.

> What i
> am trying to achive is to be able to record with my analog
> card while watching tv with the digital card.

Yep, again no problem.

> I know this
> would be possible if i configured one channel for each card
> (like "discovery channel analog" and "discovery channel dvb"
> for instance).
> But i would like to have just one "discovery
> channel" in my tv guide and let mythtv worry about selecting
> the right tv tuner.

Yep, again no problem.

> Yes, i am lazy :) I have read dozens of
> guides but no manual/guide i have read describes how to do
> this/if it is possible. Has anyone got this working? If so
> please let me know how you made it.

Easy, I have two xmltv files, one for the nova-t and one
for the PVR-350 for feeding program data[1], then all you
need is the details (where apropriate) of the channels to
be the same and they show up the same for each source.

Example:

mysql> select chanid, channum, sourceid, callsign, name, xmltvid from
channel where callsign="BBC1";
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+-------------------------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name | xmltvid                 |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+-------------------------+
|   1001 | 1       |        1 | BBC1     | BBC1 | midlands.bbc1.bbc.co.uk |
|    101 | 1       |        2 | BBC1     | BBC1 | midlands.bbc1.bbc.co.uk |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+-------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

As you can see the chanid is different (you can't have duplicates) but the
channum,
callsign, name and xmltvid is identical (obviouslt4

Make sure all the apropriate channels are set up like that and you should
have one
'channel' with two sources.

HTH

David

[1] You can just have the one but then you get errors about channels not
existing.