[mythtv-users] capture from Sky Digibox with PVR-350 (Passthrough VCR & MacroVision)

Simon Williams ultim8fury at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:20:40 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Ant Daniel <antdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/05, David <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
> > > Can anyone recommend a good converter from RGB scart to S-Video (if
> > > possible with the right cables)?
> > I actually use my video recorder (VCR)
> > It does the job beautifully.
>
> Does you video pass through MacroVision progams nicely then?
> When I used to watch box office when connected through my VCR the VCR
> corrupts the pass through stream as per MacroVision requirements.
>
> Luckily my Sky box has a SVideo, so I don't worry about it now.

I'm using a js-tech RGB-Svideo converter for my NTL cable box and the
quality is very good.

I got mine from
http://progressive-av.com/accessories/JS_RGB_to_SVHS.htm not cheap but
I bought it at the same time I got a lot of other stuff and
effectively paid nothing for it.

Ebay occasionally has them up fairly cheaply.