[mythtv-users] OT: avidemux2 question

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Apr 22 14:18:23 UTC 2005

> Mike/William,
>
> Thanks for the replies. After reading this reply I realize I must have
> been asleep at the wheel when I wrote my original question, because I
> left out an important detail. I said I was using mythvideo, which is
> partially true, because sometimes I use it (with the Internal player). I
> really have the volume problem when I play the videos over NFS using an
> MVP1000 and the mvpmc software.
>
> I apologize for the major oversight. So my problem is the volume of the
> MPEG videos themselves. OR, mvpmc/mvp1000 is the problem.
>
> Maybe I'll try to play a video on my computer and also play a DVD and
> see if the volume levels are similar. Maybe that would at least give me
> an unscientific starting point at where the problem really lies.
>
> Thanks,
> James

I did a little test. I used xine and played a DVD and a myth recording.
Both had very similar volume levels. So I guess that means my problem
has more to do with my mvp1000.

Any other mvp1000 users experience anything similar? Is there way to get
the mvp1000 to send out stronger/louder audio?

Thanks,
James