[mythtv-users] DVB channel won't scan [Was: Missing DVB channel scan for ASTC Air2PC cards]

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Fri Apr 22 13:43:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 05:39:27PM -0500, Aran Cox wrote:

> However, when I upgraded to 0.18 I nuked my channel information with
> the intention of re-scanning.  But I didn't have the scan option any
> more!  I was sure configure had reported dvb yes, just like it had
> previously.  I ended up doing a make distclean and rebuilding and
> there they were.  I suspected some bug that caused configure to report
> it had found what it needed for dvb support, but hadn't or didn't
> enable it due to some other reason.  (Or I just read it wrong, or
> didn't read it at all.)  In any case, I'd just try rebuilding,
> double-checking your dvb-path setting and make sure that you see
> USING_DVB in the g++ commands being spit out by make.

I did a 'cvs update' and a clean rebuild and it showed up.  I had to add
the XMLTVIDs by hand (grrr) but now it works.  Mostly.  I have one
channel with 99% signal strength and 89% snr with a solid lock, but the
scan never finishes.  dvbtraffic shows almost the same info as a working
channel:

-: Failing Channel :-
-PID--FREQ-----BANDWIDTH-BANDWIDTH-
0000     9 p/s     1 kb/s    14 kbit
0030     2 p/s     0 kb/s     4 kbit
0031 10372 p/s  1904 kb/s 15599 kbit
0034   264 p/s    48 kb/s   397 kbit
0035   132 p/s    24 kb/s   198 kbit
2000 10781 p/s  1979 kb/s 16215 kbit
-PID--FREQ-----BANDWIDTH-BANDWIDTH-
0000     9 p/s     1 kb/s    14 kbit
0030     2 p/s     0 kb/s     4 kbit
0031 10130 p/s  1859 kb/s 15235 kbit
0034   257 p/s    47 kb/s   387 kbit
0035   130 p/s    23 kb/s   195 kbit
2000 10530 p/s  1933 kb/s 15838 kbit

-: Working Channel :-
-PID--FREQ-----BANDWIDTH-BANDWIDTH-
0000     9 p/s     1 kb/s    14 kbit
0001     0 p/s     0 kb/s     1 kbit
0030     1 p/s     0 kb/s     2 kbit
0031 10250 p/s  1881 kb/s 15416 kbit
0034   217 p/s    39 kb/s   327 kbit
0035   132 p/s    24 kb/s   199 kbit
13f5     5 p/s     0 kb/s     8 kbit
1ffb    15 p/s     2 kb/s    23 kbit
2000 10635 p/s  1952 kb/s 15995 kbit
-PID--FREQ-----BANDWIDTH-BANDWIDTH-
0000     9 p/s     1 kb/s    14 kbit
0030     2 p/s     0 kb/s     4 kbit
0031 10531 p/s  1933 kb/s 15839 kbit
0034   225 p/s    41 kb/s   338 kbit
0035   136 p/s    24 kb/s   205 kbit
13f5     2 p/s     0 kb/s     4 kbit
1ffb    16 p/s     2 kb/s    24 kbit
2000 10925 p/s  2005 kb/s 16431 kbit

Does the scanner need the 0001, 13f5, and/or 1ffb PIDs?

I wonder if I should take this to the dev list?

-- Trey