[mythtv-users] Cheap tuner card recommend? vs. PVR250

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:47:40 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, mark <mark at onnow.net> wrote:
> What is a good, inexpensive tuner card ( analog cable ) that, more or
> less, "just works"?
>
> I want to get a couple more tuner cards. I have a model 980 Hauppauge
> PVR250 now and it works very well.
> What less expensive cards have people had good luck with?  Quality,
> setup etc.......
>
> This will be going into a Celeron 2.4 Fedora3, ATRPMS install

I use the WinTV Go! Model in one of my boxes, and have been (finally)
able to get a Philips saa7134 card working as well.  Both of these
cards can be had for around the $20 USD price range.  Check out
www.pricewatch.com and look for anything with a bt878 or bt848 in it's
specs.  I recently bought 2 more bttv cards, each for 20 bucks, free
shipping:
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CRD10186.html
Work quite well.

HOWEVER, unless you are one of the fortunate few, you will need a
soundcard input for each of the cards you get (for me, this means 1
soundcard per capture card).  Not a huge deal, you can grab used SB
Live's at 7-11 nowadays for 35 cents it seems.

Cool