[mythtv-users] Recording Sporting Events to the real end

Thu Apr 21 20:32:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Matthew K. Lee wrote:

> On 4/21/05, Preston Crow <pc-mythtv05 at crowcastle.net> wrote:
> > I have an idea for recording sporting events that may not end on
> > schedule:  Have Myth check the score at some web site to determine
> > whether the game has actually ended.  Then Myth could automatically
> > extend the recording for baseball games that run late.
> >

> Interesting idea...
>
> How would you know that the game was over based on the score?

I submitted a patch a while back which auto-extends a recording based on
"show category".  I personally use this to extend "Sports event" shows by 60
minutes.  It does it using a "soft" pad, so if another show is scheduled to
record right after the "Sports event", the auto-extend will not happen.

This patch has not been committed to the CVS.  I have not complained about
it because I am wondering if it could be done better.  I just have not had
the time to work on it.

John