[mythtv-users] Recording Sporting Events to the real end

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05 at crowcastle.net
Thu Apr 21 16:13:25 UTC 2005

I have an idea for recording sporting events that may not end on
schedule:  Have Myth check the score at some web site to determine
whether the game has actually ended.  Then Myth could automatically
extend the recording for baseball games that run late.

Sure, this would probably take special coding for each supported sports
league (e.g., MLB, NFL, NBA, etc.), but it would probably be worth it,
even if only one is supported initially.

Eventually, this could also be used to extend recordings of shows that
follow sporting events that run late (e.g., The Simpsons after NFL games
in the fall).

Along the same lines, I'm sure that a sports scores plugin along the
lines of MythWeather would be very popular.  My wife would love to have
a single button check on the baseball scores.

--PC