[mythtv-users] Re: Rebuild source rpms HOWTO

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 15:18:16 UTC 2005

Axel,

I'm on atrpms-devel already.  :)

I was going to have something ready last night, but I
got interrupted, so it will likely be by this weekend.

The only motivation that I had for recompiling 0.17
from the SRPMS was to enable OpenGL vsync, which was
disabled by default in 0.17.  If 0.18 ships with it
enabled by default, then I won't be rebuilding.
Therefore, there aren't really any changes that I
would be resubmitting.

However, one thing that I might look into would be a
patch similar to how XvMC works in the ATrpms builds -
it's available in the default RPM, but ships disabled.
 That would be great for OpenGL vsync, I think - no
more recompiling to enable/disable it.  The only catch
is that it would require some database work I'm sure
(to add in the extra entry for saving the state).

If I get the chance (maybe not, since stuff at the job
is picking up now - I have to give them my best
software  :) ), I'll look into it.  For now though,
I'll try to get a coherent guide to building the RPMs
up on my website sometime this week.

-- Joe