[mythtv-users] Booting from CF, everything else over NFS

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Apr 20 13:45:05 UTC 2005

 > Well, I'm booting from CF and mounting /usr and the MythVideo library
 > over nfs, but streaming actual TV playback.

I've got an 8MB CF and a CF to IDE adapter.  I've got a machine
currently running FC3, and it's noisy.  I can't pxeboot the machine, and
I'd like to get the hard drive out of there for noise reasons.

Is it just a matter of doing a fdisk / mkfs on the CF device, copying
over /boot, copying the contents of the existing drive over to the NFS
server and changing /etc/fstab to have the mount point of / to be over NFS?