[mythtv-users] Request info from working M10K frontend.

Jon Eklund eklundj at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 04:43:26 UTC 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Michael Carland wrote:

> What interrupts are your ethernet and video on? (cat /proc/interrupts)

            CPU0
   0: 1301531405          XT-PIC  timer
   1:       9328          XT-PIC  i8042
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   5:          2          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, ohci1394
   7:          0          XT-PIC  parport0
   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
   9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
  10:    2023409          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, VIA8233
  11:  126010154          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, eth0, ehci_hcd, via at PCI:1:0:0
  12:         66          XT-PIC  i8042
  14:     784337          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

> What kernel version are you using? (I'm at 2.6.10)

2.6.9-chw-4 // this is from a hacked-up Knoppmyth install

> Are you using the "VIA Rhine" ethernet driver? The "Use MMIO instead
> of PIO" option? (I'm going to try turning off MMIO now)

Yes, I'm using Via-Rhine, in the default config.  I've been having some
trouble with it on my backend (an Epox 8K9A7) but it seems to be fine
on the frontend.

> Any other suggestions?

Well, I'm booting from CF and mounting /usr and the MythVideo library
over nfs, but streaming actual TV playback.  Haven't had too much
trouble, except for that pesky backend NIC issue and the occasional FC3
vs ivtv IRQ storm.  The frontend has been pleasantly uneccentric.