[mythtv-users] Rebuild source rpms HOWTO

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 01:22:38 UTC 2005

--- Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> I put everything in ~/.rpmmacros and *never* build
> anything as root (can cause
> Very Bad Things to happen if there's a bug in the
> spec...).

Good idea...  I'll make sure that I do that for the
version of the document that I'll write.

> The required macros have been posted on the
> atrpms-devel list a few times. The
> only ones really necessary for building Myth
> packages are these:
>
> %distversion %(rpm -qf --qf='%{VERSION}'
> /etc/redhat-release)
> %distinitials rh%(grep -i fedora /etc/redhat-release
> >/dev/null && echo "fc")
> %distname %(grep -i fedora /etc/redhat-release
> >/dev/null && echo "Fedora
> Core" || echo "Red Hat Linux")
> %disttag %{distinitials}%{distversion}
> %disttag2 %(echo %disttag | sed -e's,\\.,_,g')
> %atrelease() %1.%{disttag}.jw
>
> Substitute your own initials or whatever you like
> for the %atrelease macro.

Yes, in fact, I pulled down the macros from one of
your postings on atrpms-devel.  It was a bit of a
pain, since I couldn't find any search feature.  I had
to hit posts that I figured were related to macros,
and I got lucky.

Are you sure that's all your need though?  I could
have sworn that when I built the 0.17 RPMs, that I
also needed a couple of extra ones like sysconfigdir
or rundir (which I have).  My memory is a little hazy,
so I'll repeat the build tonight.

> I don't mind, and I doubt if Axel minds. Its a goal
> of ATrpms to make the
> packages more user-rebuildable.

Consider it done.  I'll write a document for 0.17, and
I'll post an update to 0.18 once I've had a chance to
try it out (probably after I reinstall to x86_64
though).

-- Joe