[mythtv-users] Request info from working M10K frontend.

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Tue Apr 19 23:11:24 UTC 2005

Hello,

Michael Carland wrote:

> Howdy.
>

> ** Questions
>
> Could someone with a working M10K using built in video and ethernet,
> with a separate backend, provide me with the following info?
>
> What interrupts are your ethernet and video on? (cat /proc/interrupts)
>
>            CPU0
>  15:    1856705          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, eth0, via at pci:0000:01:00.0

          CPU0
  0:     185254          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         10          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:        120          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, yenta, VIA8233, eth0
  6:      16802          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, ohci1394, yenta, ivtv0
  7:        285          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 12:        110          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:       4790          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         12          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

> What kernel version are you using? (I'm at 2.6.10)

2.6.7.11.7-chw-2

> Are you using the "VIA Rhine" ethernet driver? The "Use MMIO instead
> of PIO" option? (I'm going to try turning off MMIO now)

Yes, via-rhine.

> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thank,
>
> -Michael

I too am seeing some stuttering with 0.18 on the Epia.  First it was due
to DRM.  Once I got that resolved, it would stutter when starting up.
When I first included support for the Epia (Unichrome) in KnoppMyth, CPU
usage was 50% when using the CD as a frontend, now it is 92%.  Doing an
install to hard drive uses the same amount.  If I compile on the Epia or
use my i686 debs, CPU usage is about 50%.  Before, it was about 13%.  So
something is amiss, I just cannot put my hands on it...

Regards,

Cecil