[mythtv-users] irman & lirc help

Bryce mythtv at menolly.net
Tue Apr 19 21:49:39 UTC 2005

I'm going nuts trying to figure out why my Tivo Series 2 remote won't play
nice with lirc. I've got an irman and have confirmed using test_io from
libirman that the reciever and the remote work. If I symlink /dev/ttyS0 to
/dev/lirc I can get irrecord to work fine as well. If I launch lircd with
--driver=irman --device=/dev/ttyS0, lircd starts fine but if I run irw and
press buttons on the remote, I get nothing (this is true with or without
the above symlink). I'm using an /etc/lircd I got from
http://home.comcast.net/~johnfdeluca/tivo.conf and a ~mythtv/.lircrc from
http://home.comcast.net/~johnfdeluca/lircrc.txt

I've removed all lirc rpms and re-installed just lirc-lib and lirc and
rebooted a couple of times.

Anyone have any suggestions of other things to try?

(This is all on FC3 using atrpms, btw)

Thanks in advance.
--
Bryce T. Pier