[mythtv-users] Rebuild source rpms HOWTO

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:41:48 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, Ken Mink <kmmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Hey Joe,
>   If Axel and Jarod don't object, please post the info. I posted a
> very similar request earlier. I'm trying to recompile the 0.17 SRPMs,
> but with a patch added in. The compilation step succeeds, but the
> packaging is failing.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Ken,  is there some reason you want to recreate the package?  The
mythtv.info site already has instructions for converting an ATRPMS
package install (like Jarod's process) into CVS:
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo.  This is what I
used so I could compile with my own options.

Do you really want to then repackage into SRPMS?

phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius