[mythtv-users] Rebuild source rpms HOWTO

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 18:22:18 UTC 2005

I've done it for the 0.17 release, but I don't have
access to the information while I'm at work (I only
enabled MythWeb access to my machine, not SSH).  I
haven't done it for 0.18, I'm going to reinstall
everything before doing it for 0.18 (because I want to
install FC3 x86_64).

But the basic jist of it is that you need to fetch the
macros and put them somewhere in /etc (I think the
directory under etc is rpm, or something else).

I don't have the full details with me, but if somebody
else hasn't posted how to do it, I'll put some quick
instructions together and post them tonight.

My only reluctance to do this is that Axel might be
bombarded with questions if the rebuilds fail or cause
some strange behavior.

Axel, Jarod, if neither of you gets around to this
before me, do either of you have any objections to me
putting something together?

-- Joe