[mythtv-users] Compile Problems 0.18

David Sharp mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 18:14:00 UTC 2005

Bret asked:

> Pardon my newbie-ness, but this location is where to find the xine-hd
> include
> files that came with the pcHDTV HD-3000 card?  And may I ask what altivec
> is?

Not sure, mine was for a Nova-T, I have nfi how the HD-3000 drivers work
sorry.

Do not worry about altivec unless you have a PPC (Amiga/Apple etc)

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltiVec

AltiVec is a floating point and integer SIMD instruction set designed and
owned by Apple Computer, IBM and Motorola (the AIM alliance), and
implemented on versions of the PowerPC including Motorola's G4 and IBM's G5
processors. AltiVec is a tradename owned solely by Motorola, so the system
is also referred to as Velocity Engine by Apple and VMX by IBM.

AltiVec was the most powerful SIMD system in a desktop CPU when it was first
introduced in the late-1990s. Compared to its contemporaries (Intel's
integer-only MMX, floating point SSE, and various systems from other RISC
vendors), AltiVec offered more registers that could be used in more ways and
operated on by a much more flexible instruction set. However, Intel's
fourth-generation SIMD system, SSE2 introduced with the Pentium 4, has many
of the same functions as AltiVec

> Is there a detailed listing of the ./configure options and what each one
> means?

configure --help

And then google is your friend.

HTH