[mythtv-users] VNC launches second mythfrontend

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:57:08 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, Allan Risk <arisk at hamster.foxhollow.ca> wrote:
> I've found that if I run vncserver that a second mythfrontend is running as
> shown by 'ps -A'.
> This second mythfrontend can be independently closed from the vnc client and
> the one on the console remains.
> The vnc session that appears on the remote client is otherwise different
> than the console session.
>
> Here's my theory.  If anyone has suggestions on how to avoid this it would
> be most welcome.
>
> I use Jarod's ~/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh, which among other things starts
> mythfrontend.
> Since vnc starts a new KDE session, I think this gets run again for the vnc
> session and therefore mythfrontend starts a second time.
>
> I would think this would be common as I suspect many people use both Jarod's
> script and vnc.

Al,

i noticed this too.  i recently installed VNC hoping that i could
remotely create cutlists for the recordings i had.  apparently this is
not the case. :(
i'll try creating a separate user for VNC as was suggested by Scott
and see if that works.
just out of curiousity, what are you using VNC for?

andy