[mythtv-users] VNC launches second mythfrontend

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Apr 19 16:26:34 UTC 2005

>>Here's my theory.  If anyone has suggestions on how to avoid this it would
>>be most welcome.
>>
>>I use Jarod's ~/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh, which among other things starts
>>mythfrontend.
>>Since vnc starts a new KDE session, I think this gets run again for the vnc
>>session and therefore mythfrontend starts a second time.
>>
>>I would think this would be common as I suspect many people use both Jarod's
>>script and vnc.

add the following into your myth-load.sh file:

---
MYTH="`ps ax | grep mythfrontend | grep -v grep`"

if [ ! "$MYTH" ]
then
   # place all stuff you want to run with mythfrontend here
   /path/to/bin/mythfrontend
fi
---

that checks for a running mythfrontend process and only executes the
code inside the if/then if there isn't already a mythfrontend process
running ...

-g-