[mythtv-users] Can myth deal with 2 different digital stations with the same major/minor but diff freq's?

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Tue Apr 19 15:51:24 UTC 2005

John Sturgeon wrote:
> Michael J. Lynch wrote:
>
>> Let me explain.  I have an amplified outdoor antenna up very
>> high and I live in an area where when I scan for digital
>> stations, I end up with two channels on 43-1.  The difference
>> (other than actual channel frequency) as show in the guide is
>> the call sign of the station.  So...on the guide I see
>>
>> 43-1 Wxxx ...
>> 43-1 Wyyy ...
>>
>> I can tune to and watch either of these stations.  Can myth's
>> digital TV stuff do this too or would it pick up only one or
>> the other?  I don't yet have an ATSC card for Myth but have
>> been thinking about adding one and have been wondering about this.
>>

> If your tuner can tune these stations seperately, then so can the pcHDTV
> or the air2pc cards.

I don't think the hardware itself would have a problem tuning the
stations.  The question basically boils down to, does the EPG take
into account information other than just the major/minor?  If it
does, then I think it would work ok, but if it doesn't then probably
the only thing I'll end up with is the station that ends up
scanned for last.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown