[mythtv-users] Configure script says "XvMC support no" (err, YES!)

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Tue Apr 19 11:01:05 UTC 2005

I had this issue.  You will find the configure script looks only in one location for the lib's for various things (such as xvmc, xv, others).

Adding --enable-xvmc has no effect here since it checks to see if the lib's exist.  And if they do not - then it disables the feature.

If you are like me - and running Gentoo which now likes to place things in /usr/lib, /usr/bin, etc vs. /usr/X11/lib, etc then it will FAIL to find these lib's.

So - I created the 3 links in the locations the configure script wanted to find the lib's and all worked well after I faked out the configure script.

Hope this helps,

-John