[mythtv-users] Toshiba DVI input at 1080i with a nvidia 5200

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue Apr 19 04:00:41 UTC 2005

Ianic Brisson wrote:
> I'm trying to get the DVI input on my Toshiba 42HDX82 to work at 1080i (or
> 540p) with my nvidia FX5200, but the best I get is a rolling screen. I've tried
> everything from PowerStrip to tinckering with the modelines to get various
> refresh rates bot to no avail. It works in 480p and 720p (with an ugly
> upconversion to 1080i). I've read that Toshiba and/or nvidia doesn't work
> through DVI in 1080i but couldn't confirm.
>
> If anybody's got an angle that could help me out on this, it would be
> appreciated. My MythTV Box is just waiting for this last step to get rolling.

I was never able to get my 50hdx82 to work with anything other than
640x480p and 720x480p (horrid overscan) through DVI and my fx5200.  I
couldn't even get my Motorola 6200 cable box to work at anything other
than 480i and 480p through the DVI cable.  All other modes were just a
blank black screen.

I believe that until very recently the Nvidia linux drivers did not work
at 1080i.  There was some discussion on this list about it the past
couple months.  Check the gossamer archives.

Finally purchased an AudioAuthority 9a60 and get great results through
component. Wish I had spent the $100 a year or more ago.