[mythtv-users] Comcast Cable, Atlanta GA

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Mon Apr 18 20:06:59 UTC 2005

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Comcast Cable, Atlanta GA
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:43:58 -0400
From: "Matthew Mousseau" <gtg944f at mail.gatech.edu>
To: "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>What are the differences in the files that your box records? Are SD
>channels a certain size, and HD another?

I'd expect that to be true, with HD being larger than SD, because of the increased amount of information sent by the HD stream. Others on this list will be able to provide far more, and better, detail of that.

I'm having some problems getting things working properly. The problems are largely around the performance of my machine (I think), and not with the firewire itself. The setup of the firewire for capture (and channel changing) is easy-peasy, if you're working off the AT rpms (as I am).

HTH,
Peter