[mythtv-users] GUI Y-offset setting not honored when watching a show

Chris Strom chris.eee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:43:25 UTC 2005

On 4/17/05, Michael J. Sherman <msherman at dsbox.com> wrote:
> I have to set my X- and Y-offsets to non-zero numbers to get the GUI
> and TV image to line up right on my television set.  I just upgraded my
> myth CVS, and noticed that now when I go into watch TV or a recording,
> the GUI Y-offset is not taken into account like it has been (so when it
> switches to xv).  So, everything is shifted up too much.  When I exit
> out back to the GUI, it keeps it all shifted up and I have to exit out
> and come back in the frontend for it to reset the position.

When you say non-zero, do you mean less than zero or just a little
more than zero (e.g. 2)?  Right before the .18 release, there were
some GUI/player positioning issues with certain window managers.  I
believe that the ultimate solution was to reset the GUI/player windows
to (0,0) if the current position was less than (3,3).  The assumption
being that this would address the strangeness in certain window
managers, but not have an impact on anyone else.  Perhaps that was
wrong?

--Chris