[mythtv-users] Re: Can MythTv main menu be displayed on the TV out of Pvr350?

Don dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon Apr 18 00:17:18 UTC 2005

jkondis - Thanks, I had already found that site and had it working, but
the picture quality was really bad (fuzzy and warped).  I'm wondering if
I did something wrong or it's just my video board.

Nick - I have ivtvdev installed, and, my xorg.conf is very similar to
Jarods.  However, at your suggestion, I did some more searching.  I
found a post that suggests that I should be able to have X run on just
the TV, so I tried setting it up.  Here's the xorg.conf sections, but it
gives me some errors that I don't understand.  Where does it get device
(null)?  Thanks again for the help.
Don

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) ivtvHWProvbe failed to do IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_STATE for device (null)
(EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
(EE) Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org

********************************
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "NTSC Television on Hauppauge card"
    # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
    HorizSync   30-68
    VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
            DotClock 34.564
            HTimings 720 752 840 928
            VTimings 480 484 488 504
            Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Hauppauge Device"
    Driver "ivtvdev"
       Option "ivtv" "/dev/fb1"
       BusID "PCI:1:08:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Hauppauge Screen"
    Device      "Hauppauge Device"
    Monitor     "NTSC Television on Hauppauge card"
       DefaultDepth 24
       DefaultFbbpp 32
       Subsection "Display"
           Depth 24
           FbBpp 32
           Modes "720x480"
       EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier  "Dual Display"
    Screen "Hauppauge Screen"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

---From lspci:
01:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

---From cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out"
Apr 16 22:25:02 sanson kernel: ivtv-osd: fb1: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer
device

---From /var/log/messages:
(II) v4l driver for Video4Linux
(II) IVTVDEV: driver for framebuffer: PVR-350
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 03:00:0
(--) Chipset PVR-350 found
(EE) ivtvHWProvbe failed to do IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_STATE for device (null)
(EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
(II) UnloadModule: "ivtvdev"
(EE) Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.

-----PCI 03:00:0 is the nvidia video board