[mythtv-users] Timezone issues - I thought I tried everything

Andrew Kreps andrew.kreps at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:12:44 UTC 2005

I just went through the same thing.  There are a couple of ways to fix
it, the first being editing your source for mythtv 0.17.

in libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp:

change

  int timesecs = basedt.secsTo(UTCdt);

to:

int timesecs = basedt.secsTo(UTCdt) + 3600;   // add one hour

(thank you Curtis Stanford)

That, a recompilation, and a mythfilldatabase fixed the problem for me.

Also, I updated to 0.18 last night (using unmodified sources) and ran
mythfilldatabase, and my program guide is right on today.  So, there's
a chance the problem is solved in the new version.  In the new
datadirect I see:

 curr_schedule.time = MythUTCToLocal(UTCdt);

which looks to me like they corrected the time zone issue in the
source.  Good luck, guys.