[mythtv-users] MythTV lockups

Andrew Kreps andrew.kreps at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:39:28 UTC 2005

I'm having this 'Waited too long for decoder to pause' problem as
well, running 2.6.11.7 with mythtv 0.18.  For me, it happens when I do
too many skips in a row on a pre-recorded show.  Sometimes when I
skip, the recording will pause.  If I hit play, the OSD says 'paused'.
 Then if I hit play again, the OSD says 'Play', and the recording
continues.  Then, after another couple of skips (either to the next
commercial block, or the forward skip-ahead button), the whole thing
locks up and gives me the 'Waited' message, and I have to restart the
frontend.  Is there a definitive cause for this problem?