[mythtv-users] Myth - nvidia - kernel woes

Richard Holroyd rah02u at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Sun Apr 17 15:18:25 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction on this one as
it's getting frustrating!

I have myth working on a fedora core 2 system, I wanted to update to DVB-t
(Nova-t cards) so I believe I need to move away from fedora kernel releases
as they do not support firmware uploading correctly. However, on moving to
stock kernels from kernel.org, I'm left with a problem. I have compiled
2.6.10 and 2.6.11.6 kernels which work great. Then I get the nvidia drivers
from nvidia (I want to use the s-video out on my mx400). When I run this, it
generates and installs new kernel modules for nvidia card. This leads the
system to hard lock every time I'm in myth and go to the watch recordings
screen. Not a very useful myth box at the moment.

Has anyone seen this before? It all worked ok when I used the fedora kernels
and could apt-get the kernel modules a la Jarod.

I'm using Myth 0.17,

Many thanks

Rich